Director of MarketingSanta Barbara, CA
Key leadership role in one of the top coaching businesses in the country. This role will lead a coordinated marketing effort with the objectives of improving brand awareness and lead generation.
At Hudson, we know that coaching is a powerful tool for developing great leaders, and we envision a future where we are reaching 25,000 leaders per year by 2029. This represents 20x growth in the next 10 years.
The Hudson Institute of Coaching has deep experience in the field, as we have been providing coaching services to organizations and professionals for over thirty years. We were there in the early days when coaching was emerging and today, we are fortunate to work with some of the world’s top leaders and organizations. We train leaders within the world’s most successful and innovative companies like Google, Facebook, Slack, and Intel.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to build and lead a coordinated marketing effort, with the goals of improving brand awareness nationally, and also driving lead volume. The Director of Marketing will develop a strategy for SEM and Content Promotion, in order to broaden awareness of Hudson’s already strong brand. This role will also serve to generate leads for our sales team, and it will be an important support to our sales effort in terms of content and collateral.
Develop High-level Success Metrics
- Refine Hudson’s lead gen metric dashboard and drive performance of key metrics against targets. Monthly metrics include:
- Total web traffic
- Corporate web traffic
- New leads
- Marketing qualified leads
- Sales qualified leads
- Develop and manage a content strategy which includes:
- Social media
- White papers
- Case studies
- Sales collateral
- Work with a writer to produce all necessary written content on agreed upon calendar
- Produce webinar decks
- Work with SEO specialist to incorporate keyword strategy
- Push cross promotion of content on industry sites
- Produce and manage Hudson’s arsenal of sales collateral, in line with our org-wide content strategy
- Analyze content performance and report to leadership to improve and refine content approach
- Identify the appropriate resource for driving Hudson’s SEM effort
- Manage and refine Hudson’s digital advertising campaigns across Google, Facebook, and/or LinkedIn.
- Develop and a/b test custom landing pages for digital ads, in order to maximize conversion rates
- Drive SEO improvements for priority keywords
- Produce analysis on performance against targets in order to improve and refine strategy
- Manage ongoing improvements to Hudson’s website, with a focus on strengthening our brand and driving lead generation
- Lead the redesign of Hudson’s community site
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a demonstrated passion for coaching and leadership development who meet the following criteria:
- 10+ years of work experience, 5+ years digital marketing experience. We are looking for a mid-career candidate with deep understanding digital marketing, and an interest in marketing strategy in an entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- Strong leadership experience. We are looking for a really strong track record of producing results in high-responsibility positions.
- Comfort with ambiguity and working with teams. We are looking for candidates who thrive in complex situations, and people who have a knack for separating the signal from the noise.
- Proven ability to take high-stakes projects from design phase to completion and summarize results in a meaningful way.
- Strong project and people management skills, including attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and producing results with a high level of reliability.
- Design skills (Adobe Suite) a plus
- We are looking for passionate professionals who are not just competent but also patient and humble in their approach to working with teams.
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- 10 vacation days in first year
- 15 paid annual holidays
- Professional development through Hudson’s own coaching programs delivered internally
- 401(k) matching
- Competitive compensation with opportunity for advancement